Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

South Australia might not build first of next submarines, Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane says

Collins class SSKFederal Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane says South Australian shipyards might not make the first of the nation's next submarines but remains optimistic about Australian prospects down the track.

The Opposition said it feared the Government had already decided the contract for the new fleet would be given to the Japanese, and it was worried Australians would miss out on work.

The Government wants both overseas and local firms to compete for the submarine work and Mr Macfarlane indicated it could initially be based offshore.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Fair Use Notice

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.

The material is being made available in an effort to advance understanding arms trade activities, for non-profit research and educational purposes only.

I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.

If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

This is a completely non-commercial site for private personal use. No fee is charged, and no money is made off of the operation of this site.